Sunday, April 13, 2008

RPS the wierdo???????????

Hey folks!!!

Exactly after a hundred days of a self imposed exile (remember the last blog on democracy?) I finally made it a point to get back with or without a bang. So be it. I was wondering what to write about. A number of topics came to my mind; the Tibetean cause, the importance of failure, Kannada Rakshana Vedike (Keep watching this space for more on these soon). But I have finally realized the importance of one thing. That being, ME.... So I thought, why not write something about myself. I may not be an adonis (or am I), I might not be earning a seven figure salary (hell I am not), I might not be having a steady girl in my life (for that matter no unsteady one either). So what do I "brag" bout myself???? Challenging eh!

I have been suffering from insomnia lately (lately=7 months) and frankly, I am finding difficulty trying to get rid of it. Tried working out (as in excercising dumbo) and earned a bonus....backache. Tried reading every night and ended up reading too much of Paolo Cohelo's work."Alchemist" "By the banks of river piedra I sat and wept" "Zahir", I ve finished them all (Bravo!!!!!). They did inspire me, but in another way. Like I did last year, I am undertaking a trip to the Himalayas this summer for eight days and seven nights (I was in Bhutan last year). A trekking and mountain cycling trip to Jalori Pass in Himachal at 12000 ft. An aunt was shocked learning this and chided me for going to some godforsaken place instead of being home. Now unlike the luckier "Blog Junta" no one in my family is interested in finding me a bride. The median age of marriage in my family is 33 (or is it the mean?). THIRTY THREE. Given the fact I celebrated my Silver Jubilee a few months ago, a frightening proposition I would say. So getting back to the point, I visit wierd places instead of going home for my holidays.....

Shifting from geography to history, it is no secret that I love history. In fact, during my TAPMI interview, a certain "nutty professor" asked me what my "passionate aim" in life is? And lo, I blurted out beaming :H--I--S--T--O--R--Y (should have thought better). He shot back "Why the hell are you here then". I started explaining the interrelationship between history and management. "Sir you know the first book on management? It was the Arthashastra by Chanakya which was commended even by Megasthenes in the 3rd century BC......". Well what happened after that during my stint in TAPMI is history as well.

Getting back to the present, I work in the 3rd largest 2 wheeler company in India (We like projecting ourselves that way duh duh). Work's fine as long as you work within rules and SOP's; the acronym for Standard Operating Procedures. Hell manufacturing firms need them. Why, we have an SOP card neatly hung in our restrooms as well outlining important guidelines to be followed (been only to the "HE" section though). All this has made me wonder whether it is in my destiny to be rule bound professionally and a maverick personally at a time when the mantra being followed is exactly the opposite. See, turns out I am a maverick in this regard as well. The URL of my blog highlights me perfectly. Machomaverick... (Still a while away to be a perfect macho). Seems the characteristic runs in my blood, what with the number of times I have shifted my residence (and the gym) in Bengalooru in the last 12 months, five times to be exact (am shifting once again this month).

Well, am feeling much better mates. The lethargy on my part in updating my blogs ensures I receive 3 comments in as many months for a masterpiece of a post (read the last one and you will agree). I have thus decided, a blog a week, and applause is all I seek.... Sorry for the PJ guys. The coming weeks will see heightened activity on my part (blogs, maverick actions et al), requesting everybody (well wishers or otherwise) to assist me in this endeavour.
.....CHAO.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a cure for your insomnia - try reading your own blog :P :D :D

just kidding man. nice come-back. and just one thing- try not to mention your employer in any way, direct or indirect.

Navya said...

it made an interesting read!from rocky terrains,to sti(u)nts at gym, to insomnia, to paul coelho .. god!! i remem people sayin one loses out on time once they start workin! u seem to be a maverick in this regard too~!! just kiddin! hope ur next blog wil be more ammusin and hopefuly u will "compose" it at a more earthly hour!

Pandemonium of Thoughts said...

a blog at 4 am in the morning??
well u really need to get rid of ur insomnia :D
liked reading your blog..pretty interesting and yes, hats off to u for actually finding the time to sit and write one..take care

Joydeep Das said...

looking fwd to more "historic" or otherwise posts...:)

Unknown said...

I read it!